Yongsen Ma is a Ph.D. candidate at The Department of Computer Science at The College of William and Mary. He received the M.S. degree from Shanghai Jiao Tong University and the B.S. degree from Shandong University, both on Control Science and Engineering. He was a Research Assistant at the Mobile and Communications Group of Intel at Shanghai. His research focus is on improving the performance and efficiency of mobile wireless systems.
802.11ax on NS3, Intel
Mar, 2014 to Aug, 2014
IEEE 802.11ax is the next generation WiFi standard which aims at High Efficiency WLAN (HEW) in high density scenarios. This project includes an NS3 simulation model written in
C++, some 802.11ax calibration results, and 5 patents. The related patents are listed below.
Mobile 802.11n, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
This project exploits both packet and physical level metrics to get accurate and fast wireless measurement for mobile 802.11n networks. It was written in 2,000 lines of
C code based on Qualcomm Atheros's wireless driver ath9k.
GSM-R Monitoring, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
The GSM-R monitoring system passively monitors the wireless interface in real-time to improve the reliability of GSM-R in high-speed scenarios. The software was written in 4,000 lines of
C#, and tested along the Beijing-Shanghai high-speed railway.
Zigbee on NS2, Shandong University
This project provides a performance evaluation of Zigbee networks based on NS2. The deployment of Zigbee nodes is in a 3-D topology. It provides a NS2 simulation model written in
tcl, and the evaluation script written in
- Yongsen Ma, Xiaofeng Mao, Pengyuan Du, Chengnian Long, Bo Li, and Yueming Hu. Dynamic estimation of local mean power of Rician fading channels in GSM-R networks. ACM/Springer Wireless Networks. 2014. PDF
- Yongsen Ma, Gang Zhou, and Shan Lin. EliMO: Eliminating Channel Feedback from MIMO. IEEE SMARTCOMP 2017 (invited paper).
- Yongsen Ma, Pengyuan Du, Xiaofeng Mao, and Chengnian Long. On-line and dynamic estimation of Rician fading channels in GSM-R networks. IEEE WCSP 2012. PDF Slides
- Pengyuan Du, Lujin Luo, Yongsen Ma, and Chengnian Long. A dual-antenna based handover scheme for GSM-R network. IEEE WCSP 2012. PDF Slides
- Yongsen Ma, Rongzhen Yang, Peng Meng, Qinghua Li, and Huaning Niu. Wireless Device, Method and Computer Readable Media for Requesting and Sending Block Acknowledgement. WO2016049800. 2016. URL
- Yongsen Ma, Rongzhen Yang, Peng Meng, Qinghua Li, and Huaning Niu. Apparatus, Method and System of Multi-User Uplink Transmission. WO2016032607. 2016. URL
- Rongzhen Yang, Po-Kai Huang, Hujun Yin, Robert J. Stacey, Yongsen Ma, and Peng Meng. Dynamic CCA Scheme with Legacy Device Coexistance. WO2016095079. 2016. URL
- Rongzhen Yang, Po-Kai Huang, Hujun Yin, Robert J. Stacey, Yongsen Ma, and Peng Meng. Scheme of Finite Power Transmission Statuses for Low Cost Wireless Broadband Communication System. WO2016041166. 2016. URL
- Rongzhen Yang, Po-Kai Huang, Hujun Yin, Robert J. Stacey, Yongsen Ma, and Peng Meng. Access Point Assisted Spatial Reuse. WO2015127777. 2015. URL