I am a Ph.D. student at the Department of Computer Science at the College of William and Mary. I received the M.S. degree from Shanghai Jiao Tong University and the B.S. degree from Shandong University, both on Control Science and Engineering. I was a Research Assistant at the Mobile and Communications Group of Intel at Shanghai. My research interests include wireless networking, ubiquitous sensing, and statistical learning.
802.11ax on NS3
Mar, 2014 to Aug, 2014
IEEE 802.11ax is the next generation WiFi standard which aims at High Efficiency WLAN (HEW) in high density scenarios. This project includes a NS3 simulation model, some PHY calibration results, and 5 patents for the IEEE 802.11ax standard. The simulation model includes 40,000 lines of
C++ code, and all the source code and patents are owned by Intel. Some documents and calibration results can be found at the IEEE 802.11 website, and the related patents are listed below.
IEEE 802.11n introduces MIMO and provides high throughput for WiFi, but it needs more frequent measurement to acquire sufficient information for all possible MIMO settings. This project exploits both packet and physical level metrics to get accurate and fast wireless measurement for mobile 802.11n networks. It was written in 2,000 lines of
C code based on Qualcomm Atheros's wireless driver ath9k.
GSM-R networks provide wireless connections for high-speed railway. The GSM-R monitoring system passively monitors the wireless interface in real-time to improve the GSM-R reliability in extremely high-speed scenarios. The software was written in 4,000 lines of
C# code, deployed on a Windows XP Embedded platform, and tested along the Beijing-Shanghai high-speed railway.
Zigbee on NS2
This project provides a performance evaluation of Zigbee networks based on NS2. The deployment of Zigbee nodes is in a 3-D topology. It provides a NS2 simulation model written in
tcl, and the evaluation script written in
- Yongsen Ma, Xiaofeng Mao, Pengyuan Du, Chengnian Long, Bo Li, and Yueming Hu. Dynamic estimation of local mean power of Rician fading channels in GSM-R networks. ACM/Springer Wireless Networks. June 2013. pdf
- Yongsen Ma, Pengyuan Du, Xiaofeng Mao, and Chengnian Long. On-line and dynamic estimation of Rician fading channels in GSM-R networks. IEEE WCSP 2012. pdf slides
- Pengyuan Du, Lujin Luo, Yongsen Ma, and Chengnian Long. A dual-antenna based handover scheme for GSM-R network. IEEE WCSP 2012. pdf slides
- Yongsen Ma, Rongzhen Yang, Peng Meng, Qinghua Li, and Huaning Niu. Wireless Device, Method and Computer Readable Media for Requesting and Sending Block Acknowledgement. WO2016049800. April 2016.
- Yongsen Ma, Rongzhen Yang, Peng Meng, Qinghua Li, and Huaning Niu. Apparatus, Method and System of Multi-User Uplink Transmission. WO2016032607. March 2016.
- Rongzhen Yang, Po-Kai Huang, Hujun Yin, Robert J. Stacey, Yongsen Ma, and Peng Meng. Scheme of Finite Power Transmission Statuses for Low Cost Wireless Broadband Communication System. WO2016041166. March 2016.
- Rongzhen Yang, Po-Kai Huang, Hujun Yin, Robert J. Stacey, Yongsen Ma, and Peng Meng. Access Point Assisted Spatial Reuse. WO2015127777. September 2015.
- Rongzhen Yang, Po-Kai Huang, Hujun Yin, Robert J. Stacey, Yongsen Ma, and Peng Meng. Dynamic CCA Scheme with Legacy Device Coexistance, Filled at October 2014.
- Chengnian Long, Yongsen Ma, and Xiaofeng Mao. GIS-based link quality measurement system for GSM-R networks. CN102595445A. July 2012.
- Chengnian Long, Yongsen Ma, and Xiaofeng Mao. Dynamic measurement algorithm of received signal strength in GSM-R networks. CN102571238A. July 2012.
- Chengnian Long, Yongsen Ma, and Xiaofeng Mao. Online Um interface testing and warning system for GSM-R networks. CN102438270A. May 2012.